1.20.2011

Trust Issues



Luke 16:10 - "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Something I've learned is how easy you can lose trust. You can spend a lot of time building it, taking it for granted, and then one day you mess up. Bad communication, an inconsiderate comment, or plain stupidity will lose it in a second. While this verse deals with trust in the context of discipleship(and the many things God will hold you accountable for), I believe the principle behind it applies to other areas. If you can be trusted with something as simple as being there when people need you or someone else's stuff, they might just trust you with a whole lot more. Mess that up, and you'll have to earn that trust all over again. At this moment, I think I should apologize if I have lost trust with people because I've been late or unintentionally hurtful. I hope I can earn your trust. I'm willing to make the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!