1.07.2008

Fusion's Book Pics...

Yes, I'm back. Yes, I'm forgetting all my obligations to blog for you (Stephen!). Here is my list of books I'll be reading this year and books I'm looking forward to:

MacArthur Study Bible in ESV! fide-o.blogspot.com has the details.

Tim Keller's New Book: Reason for God. A response to a lot of anti-God sentiment out there. He's a smart guy so I can't wait. It will be interesting to see what arguments he uses.

Young Restless Reformed: This book is being published by a writer for Christianity Today. He chronicles the resurgence of the Reformed faith among younger evangelicals. Yep, that's you and me. I hope it makes a splash.

Christianity's Dangerous Idea by Alister Mcgrath. Ok, even though it's out already, I do want to read it. It looks at the most dangerous idea the church has ever had: letting people read and study the bible for themselves!

Mark Driscoll's new books: Vintage Jesus and the book that will be the sermons he preaches this next month. Checkout the site for mars hill church the sermons are pretty good. Driscoll has six books in total coming out this year. Two on the old and new testament, one on the practical application of the atonement (death by love) and a few others.

Dr. Bob Morey's new book on natural theology! Part one is coming out this year. Part one is at about 300 pages so far. His notes on Job show that natural theology is dumb! (isn't it interesting that Job'sfriends never pray or call on on scripture? God appears at the end and tells them they are all wrong) You can get them here

Steven Macasill (good friend) of biblicalthought.com (also where you can find Dr. Morey's books) has a book on stratiotology he's been working on for a while. Yep, the doctrine of the christian as a soldier of Christ. I can't wait!

Mark Dever: Though many of his books are out already (yes I will review them soon!) there are a few books of his that are in my pile of reading. You can get his books here

As always, let me know if there are any books you want me to review. I will get back to reviewing the books A new kind of Christian and Putting the amazing back into grace at some point. Have a great time this year everyone.

Fusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!