2.29.2008

"Selling Jesus " at the Riverside International Film Festival




As a happy citizen of the Inland Empire, I know our little corner of the universe has something to offer in terms of the arts. I was right. I found Inland Arts and was surprised to find the Riverside International Film Festival. What makes it more exciting is that it all happens on the week or my birthday-April 11-April 20 (my bday is the 21st) I might add, were anyone kind enough to celebrate my birth by taking me to a show (hint hint) I would much appreciate it. Having said that, I've posted two movies that are playing at the event.



The first is called "Matando Cabos" (Killing Cabos) A Mexican film with a weird description:
Oscar Cabos, a multimillionaire tycoon, is being held for ransom--only his captors have nabbed the wrong man. Now, to get their money, they must find the real Cabos--which could get tricky since he's been counter-kidnapped by his future son-in-law and impersonated by his childhood friend (now his janitor), Nacho. To make matters worse, the two desperate friends who started this mess must rely on the less-than-delicate street savvy of former wrestler Mascarita and the pint-sized Tony "The Cannibal" to sort it all out.
Get it? I can't wait to see this one.



The next one is pretty interesting to some of us who want to get a feel for how we are perceived. It's called "Selling Jesus". It's described as:
Accept Jesus Christ before the Apocalypse and Receive Salvation at No Extra Charge.
Carl Christman presents a satirical look at the evangelical movement and religion in general.

This one will be interesting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!