12.31.2008

Happy New Years and some end of the year thoughts


As the year comes to a close, I wanted to share my thoughts on 2008 as well as thank a few people along the way. I saw that when times get tough, God is still there to help. I had a tough time this year because I was trying to finish school, and had some personal issues to deal with. There were times when I just lost what little hope I had. But then, in big and small ways, as I prayed to God, people would come along to help with a kind word, a prayer, and in a few cases, some much needed money. God was good through the hands of many people.

I got to taste the political process. It seems that we all did. In an almost soap opera fashion, politics got played out on the radio, in print and on T.V. We saw winners, losers, underdogs, plumbers, Pallin’s and Obamamania. I didn’t get all I’d hope for, but I did see our process at work, and am still glad to be a part of this great nation.

I finally graduated from college. Let it be a lesson to you, that if I can graduate, you can too. It took me longer than it should have (really!) but I see that even the time I took was not entirely wasted. I’m planning on going to Seminary to get my Mdiv and can’t wait to get through that process (hopefully not in 7 years like it took for my B.A.)

This year, the new media became even more main stream. From Facebook to Twitter, from Gmail to Google Reader (and the entire Google family), we got connected. I promise not to become part of the twitterati, digiratti or even the technoratti. If I do, feel free to call me on it.

The blog has also become prominent in our culture. I’m sure you know it, but I don’t think we’ve touched the surface of what blogging or even twittering will do or become. But with all the change, I hope we don’t lose the human touch. That is, I hope we don’t lose our soul to cyberspace (or in cyberspace). I plan on blogging even more this year and can’t wait to hear from you.

Most of you don’t know that I struggled with changing churches. I had three--yes three—churches to consider. But after much prayer, I found a place I can call my home and a Pastor I can gladly follow. May we all be so fortunate.

Many friendships carried me through a lot of the year. I can only be grateful to God for a few I’d like to mention. My pal Alexia for being ever so patient with me, and always taking care of me in ways I don’t think even she knows. Jonathan Chan, whom I’ve known for 8 years, also came through for me in big ways. Keep being yourself pal, you’re one of God’s special people. Melissa Stent, I apologize for keeping you up late at night, but thanks for indulging me when I want to talk. Lisa Ames, you truly are wonderful person. Your words have meant a lot to me this year. In more ways than you’ll ever know. I’m very glad to know you. Miguel Martinez. Thanks for being there. Seriously, you have cleared my mind when I’ve been confuzzled. The FCC family. Thanks for letting me tag along and help out. You guys rock. James, listen to your mother! And thanks to you both for being so cool. As always my Parents were there for me. I don’t know where I’d be without them. They are more than wonderful. They are saints. Many more could be named, to you I say: thanks :)

I hope to read a lot more and bring more book and movie reviews. I also plan on blogging as a vocation, so pray that I could do that. Also tell your friends about this place and feel free to find me on twitter. I am also glad to have started NewReformation.ning.com, it’s been great to see so many people get together and fellowship. I hope to see even more this next year.

Happy New Year, and many blessings to you all. I leave you with this verse

So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!