12.01.2008

World AIDS Day




On world AIDS day, I wanted to share with you a few thoughts on why we as a church must do something about this. Jesus speaks in Matthew 25:36, 40, 45-46

36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Notice that the unrighteous are sent to eternal punishment for not doing these things. The righteous are counted as people who do what verse 36 says. Visit WorldVision for a really thought provoking interactive program they have where you get to see what it's like to have AIDS in Africa, as well as the stereotypes and stigma those infected have to face. Many of them got it because their parent got it and passed it on to them, many are infected as a result of rape, and others as a result of their own sinful decisions. Many of them are orphans and single mothers. I hope you consider donating to WorldVision, as they are a ministry I trust with the work they are doing in Africa. And when you can, please pray for the Continent of Africa and the people there who are dying of this terrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!