7.26.2008

Back from Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm rather tired, so I won't be long here, but it went well. Don't get me wrong, it was hard, but it was worth it. I got tanned and had to eat Korean food when I wasn't used to it. The schedule was strict and my voice is hoarse from all the interpreting I had to do, but it was worth it. I got to help preach the gospel to a lot of little kids and their parents. Some days were crazier than others. The last two days went surprisingly well. God moved in wonderful ways and on the last day something fascinating did happen. We finished our VBS lesson and handed out burgers to the neighborhood people, and one of the ladies came up to me and asked for prayer for 4 year old son. He had gone through chemotherapy and had a huge scar on his head where the tumor was removed. This week hes going to be checked on to see how he's doing. We were all moved and we prayed for him. The most quiet of us was moved. Our doctor happened to be a neurosurgeon in Los Angeles. He's offered to help if the prognosis is bad. She was so relieved. Coincidence? I think not. God truly moves in mysterious ways. Do I get a lot of what I saw? The poverty, the lack of hygiene? No, but I was truly made aware of the simple pleasures of life and the gratefulness we should show for this country and it's well working sewer system and warm water. I'll add more about this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!