3.08.2008

OUT OF CONTEXT

Watch the video first!!!


Hopefully you've watched and it thought: Wow that was interesting. Too bad that wasn't what really happened. Truth is it happens with our words too. I posted earlier about Rick Warren quoting scripture out of context and making verses say what they don't mean. I must admit, I have seen well intentioned people try to make other people/ministries say what they don't mean. I won't say who (yet) but for all of us who are out here trying to get the word out on this idea or that bad idea, please quote people in context and their entirety when making allegations against them. Much like the film clip above, you can easily distort what someone says and make them mean something they didn't. This ought not to be. Especially when it comes to a fellow brother or sister in Christ.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to say Ms. Sheep, i wanted to use something recent. The other clips we're old or would have been offensive. I took a risk, and stand by it. If it helps, i saw a really creepy vid and it kept me up last night. I had to watch some really funny one's to wash out the bad taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

    So funny...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!