8.21.2008

Church Stupidity: Some Serious Observations

As I've pointed out this week. Some pastor's have gone to some ridiculous length's to get attention. Too far in this bloggers view. Here again are the two clips I put up this week.






The Christian Post has reported on another motorcycle church accident, and I wanted to post some of the comments people have left. Some funny, and a few that are thought provoking.


This reminds me of a pastor who came to church with a snake to preach about satan..at the end..was taken to hospital

What effort some pastors will make to try to reach their audiance...good thing none were in the front row!

Actually it reminds me of 2 Timothy 4: 3-4

For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths.

Yeah ridiculous eh? I went to a "Christian Faith Center" for a Sunday service one fine Sunday morning a few years ago, and they had a Elvis impersonator up on stage (what ever happened to the altar) swinging his hips and singing a "gospel" song. I couldn't believe it! If I wanted to go watch "Elvis" I'd have gone out last night and had a cold Canadian beer at one of the local nightclubs. I'd left that lifestyle behind years ago when I was a younger man, I certainly didn't expect to see it in "church". It was exactly these wacky ideas that brought this prodigal son back Home! This isn't worship! Worship isn't about singing, dancing, telling stories about my summer vacation (ie mission trip), instead that can be done on a weekday night! Worship isn't about showing off your motor bike, that's just vanity! Lord have mercy!



If the Granger Church incident is showing us something, it's time to get the fun and games out of church, and go back to the preaching of the Word. (Ok that sounded a bit harsh, I think church should be great and can be fun, but seriously, a motorcycle in church?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!